Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sonnenschein Crafts


Sonnenschein Crafts is a small jewellery business based on Facebook and Etsy (links below) that uses influences from rock music and a little splash of girly too, to create beautiful and unique pieces. I was given 3 items to review and Rebecca (designer and owner) kindly agreed to answer some questions about owning a small business.


First item is a pair of Purple and black star earrings
I love these so much and have worn them a lot since I received them! Purple is my favourite colour and i adore stars. The little black beads are a great way of separating all the purple out a bit too. 
The earrings are really good quality, i struggle to find earrings that I can wear all night without having to take them out half way through because of irritation, but these were so comfortable I forgot I was wearing them!

Second were these bracelets made with purple beads separated by banded beads with turquoise jewels and gold on the outside.
I loved the idea behind the ribbon tying the two bracelets together but for me it just kept loosening and then falling off. I would love to be able to keep it on but i had to remove the ribbon so i could wear the bracelets. Thats just me though other people may be different! The bracelets are just a gorgeous without the ribbon though.

This is the third item i got, a charm bracelet with red and orange beads and 3 vintage looking striped wooden heart charms.
This bracelet just makes me think of Autumn, the colours of the beads and the rustic look of the heart charms are going to be perfect now that we're head into Aurumn. Unfortunately i haven't had the chance to wear this much. I like to co-ordinate my jewellery with my outfits and it just happens that i haven't worn much red and orange in the past week or so. Although when I have worn it I've loved looking down and seeing it against my skin since the colours seem to look quite good with my colour of skin. A really good point i liked about this was that it doesn't jingle too much, i hate charm bracelets that make too much noise as you move so that is a huge plus point in my mind!!




As part of this small business project I am getting the owners to answer a few question about themselves and their business. Here's what Rebecca had to say,
  • Tell me a Little a bout yourself and your business
I’m a small business that started almost a year ago , I make a range of jewelry  and also accessories likes hair bows and purses. I do custom makes to suit people’s needs and likes. My own style is quite alternative but I like to make sure I get a range of styles covered when I’m making things so that my items can suit anyone
  • What made you start creating jewellery and subsequently selling it?

I started making Jewellery about a year ago when I wanted some new bracelets but I’m quite picky about what I wear so decided to make the stuff myself. And from them I just kept making bracelets and trying new things in my spare time. Because it was more a hobby than me wanting to sell it not many people knew I made jewellery but when Friends and family had a look through all the stuff I had made it was suggested I start selling it.
  • Your store has quite an unusual name, where did it come from?
I Love the German language and my favorite word in German is Sonnenschein  . When I made an Etsy selling page I was really stuck for a store name and when I was sitting thinking a Rammstein song called “Sonne” came on my itunes and it just felt like Sonnenschein would be perfect! 
  • Describe your store in 3 words

Original, Customized, Unique 
  • Any tips/suggestions for anyone looking to start a small business?

If you really enjoy what you make and have a passion for it then keep at it, it takes a long time and effort  to build up a successful business but if you enjoy it as much as I do  then it’s worth it.



If you would like to see more of Sonnenschein Crafts or want to buy any items you can check them out here:

and here

I would like to thank Rebecca at Sonnenschein Crafts for so kindly sending me the pieces of jewellery, answering my questions and then waiting ever so patiently for this post to be posted!! You're a star!!



I hope you guys check Sonnenschein Crafts out!! They have such beautiful pieces of jewellery!!

Until next time!
Kat
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment